The goal of an Independent Security Risk Assessment
Below we have listed some of the aspects that a Security Risk Assessment comprises of, but it is not limited to this list.
- Identifying vulnerabilities is part of the process but it goes much deeper than that.
- Understanding of security.
- Understanding of crime.
- Understanding safety.
- Understanding the Security Plan.
- Understanding Security Control.
- Understanding the difference between a Product Assessment and a Security Risk Assessment.
- A Security Risk Assessment starts in the neighbourhood as this is where outer crime comes from and disappear into.
- Assessment of the property inside and outside the perimeter.
- The understanding of how the entire property and security functions as a whole when it comes to security.
- Identify all opportunities that will lead to crime.
- With a Security Risk Assessment, like any investigation, you need to follow the information as it unfolds. In the case of Risk Assessment, you follow the risk based on a predetermined set of parameters.
- An in-depth look at the current Security Management structure.
- Overview of Policies/Procedures.
- General Security Awareness.
- Current security operations/procedures.
- Support and backup.
- Solutions for the established risks and opportunities.
- Security Risk Assessment focuses on the opportunity of risks identified, not from the viewpoint of the property manager/members or security companies, but from the viewpoint of the opportunities presented to the criminal element.
- Balanced security: the best place to start is with the management of the security component.
- Get everyone on the property talking the same security langue by using the assessment as a guideline.
Twitter feed is not available at the moment.
Written by Andre Mundell