I, André Mundell, founder and owner of Alwinco, have more than 35 years’ experience in the Security Industry, ranging from SAPS, Security Companies, Investigations, Court Cases and so on.
I am a highly meticulous and a practised security expert, offering extensive experience in the investigative and security industry. Over the years I have gained an immeasurable amount of knowledge and experience and can, therefore, provide the following services:
Andre’s experience and knowledge far exceed anything that can be put on paper, however, herewith a few areas of Andre’s expertise:
- Served in the SAPS for 21 years.
- Served as a Detective.
- Head of a team of Detectives.
- Commander of two different Task Force teams.
- Managed information structures.
- Expert in most security fields.
- Broad research knowledge of a vast variety of security equipment.
- Andre has conducted more than 422 Risk Assessments and each of these assessments required in-depth research.
- Expert knowledge of crime scenes.
- Interviewed multiple criminals, victims and informers to obtain more information regarding crime and security.
Independent Security Risk Consultant skills:
- Understanding the complex, layered processes required to conduct a Security Risk Assessment.
- Extensive background in
- Crime prevention.
- Law enforcement.
- Experience with crimes scenes.
- Experience in reverse crime engineering.
- No affiliation to any Security Company who does installations; sells hardware or provides security services like guarding or Armed Response.
- Ability to design security systems consisting of various levels including hardware and software.
- Up-to-date studies regarding both criminal modus operandi and new security technologies.
- Up-to-date with security products
- Knowledge of integral intangible risk factors to physical security.
- The ability to see a property through the eyes of a criminal to identify risk.
- Willing to conduct in-depth research and to consult with experts in various security fields to ensure that the Security Plan has the best, workable solutions.
- Knowledge of when safety needs to kick in if security fails, as well as important steps that need to be taken after a crime has occurred, such as the collection of evidence.
- Written security articles
I extend knowledgeable skills in the following industry segments:
- In all property, security like a business, national or international corporate, campus, home, residential, commercial or industrial estate and/or complex.
- Accomplished investigative, risk and security acumen.
- The investigation is done from the viewpoint of a private company.
- Security Risk Assessment.
- Analysis and Statistical Support Systems
- Balancing Physical Security and Threat Management
- Problem-solving vis-à-vis varied and complex Security Solutions
- Risk, Threat and Vulnerability Assessment of Physical Security
- Commercial property (Risk and Investigation)
- Retail (Risk and Investigation)
- Inner and Outer Security (Risk and Investigation)
- Security: The Human Factor
- Shopping Malls
- Personal security (Risk and Investigation)
- Corporate Security Management and Personal Security
- Security Awareness
- Security Policy
- Sales and Marketing Management
- Security Plans and Surveys
- CCTV and Surveillance
- Security-related Operational Management
- Gated Community Initiatives
- Home Security
- Crime Scene Management and Analysis
- Staff leadership, Mentoring, Coaching and Training
- New Business Development
I strongly believe that a good investigation tells a story. Aside from answering who, what, when, where, why, how, and how much; mitigating circumstances and facts that do not support your conclusions should also be included so that the true story can be on the table.
The purpose of an investigation is to find the truth.
- Monitor and Control Business and explain the proses to all.
- Plan and execute the business operations strategy.
- Implementation of SOPs and analysing reports and provide training to ensure understanding of SOP and reports.
- Build a pro-active environment
- Manage customer’s contract expectations
- Prepare and manage budgets
- Manage costs effectively, training cost management.
- Review and improve processes.
- Produce reports
- Quality-check the report
- Effectively manage customer’s loss control
- Build a pro-active environment where the employees choose to take responsibility
- Set and achieve.
- Development of the management team
- Grow the business.
I am a member of the Security Association of South Africa [SASA].
I am a member of BRN [Business Referral Network].
Written by Andre Mundell